St. Luke’s Health Initiatives’ 2012 grants are:
- Alzheimer’s Association, receiving $45,000 to fund the Alzheimer’s Task Force Planning Group.
- Area Agency on Aging, receiving $20,000 to develop the “Fall Prevention Tool Kit” tailored for home health care agencies.
- Arizona Coalition for Military Families, receiving $30,500 to establish guidelines for the “CARE” project.
- Arizona’s Children Association, receiving $34,448 to support the “Promotoras de Bienestar” project at Golden Gate Community.
- Cardon Children’s Medical Center, receiving $25,000.
- Family Involvement Center, receiving $82,500 to develop the Community Empowerment Time/Dollar Exchange (TDX) Model for Maricopa County.
- Father Matters, receiving $29,086 for the “Families Finding Balance” project, a train-the-trainer health program.
- Legacy Foundation of Chris-Town, receiving $50,000.
- MentorKids USA, receiving $105,000 to expand the South Phoenix Love Thy Neighbor (LTN) Mentoring Alliance for South Phoenix families.
- Orchard Community Learning Center, receiving $34,500 to establish the “Resolana” project.
- Rehobooth CDC, receiving $63,200 to continue community development and the healthy eating, active living work in the Canyon Corridor.
- St. Joseph’s Foundation, receiving $95,000 to support the Frequent Users of Systems Engagement (FUSE) initiative in Maricopa County.
- TigerMountain Foundation, receiving $30,000 to develop the “Urban Garden in a Box” toolkit and best practice manual.
- Wesley Community Center, receiving $75,000 to continue support of “Building a Healthy Community” and “Maryvale on the Move” at the Amigos Center.
Medical Assistance Program Grants
Following is a listing of Medical Assistance Program grants approved by St. Luke’s Health Initiatives’ Board of Trustees in 2012:
|Adelante Health Care||$10,000|
|Alhambra School District||$23,100|
|American Academy of Pediatrics||$7,700|
|Area Agency on Aging||$44,745|
|Arizona Center for the Blind & Visually Impaired||$62,870|
|Community Hearing Aid Program||$23,000|
|East Valley Adult Resources||$10,000|
|Foundation for Blind Children||$38,050|
|Mountain Park Health Center||$10,000|
|National Council on Alcohol & Drug Dependence||$15,800|
|St. Vincent de Paul||$68,735|