Treat & Refer Recognition Program
Necessity inspires innovation. And innovation is here.
Thanks to a partnership between the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona has launched a reimbursable “Treat and Refer Recognition Program.”
Upcoming Treat & Refer Events:
All dates and topics are tentative until registration opens for the event.
|March 15||8:30-9:30am||Treat & Refer Recognition Overview||Recording Available|
|May 11||8:30-9:30am||Working with the Health Information Exchange||Recording Available|
|August 24||8:30-9:30am||Core Education Curriculum Workbook||Register Now|
Treat & Refer Resources:
- Treat & Refer Recognition Program Overview Webinar (March 2017)
- MIH360AZ Conference Presentation “Enhancing EMS Destination Choices – Treat & Refer Program” (February 2017)
- ADHS Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Trauma – Treat & Refer Recognition Program (Updated regularly with new resources)
- AHCCCS Application for Treat & Refer Recognition Program (October 2016)
Some of the changes to emergency medical services (EMS) are emerging now because of an urgent need to serve communities differently. Call volume increases annually for fire departments and districts. The vast majority of those calls are for medical services, not fires.
- Mobile Integrated Healthcare 360 Arizona: How Fire-Based and Private Sector Community Paramedicine is Shifting the EMS Paradigm Conference (MIH360AZ February 2017)
- Policy primer Fired Up: Community Paramedicine Models Blaze a Trail for Healthcare Delivery Reform (February 2016)
- Arizona League of Cities and Towns MIH-CP webinar recording (September 2015)