AZHQ: The Capacity to Know
AZHQ helps the community by putting actionable information from millions of health records at the fingertips of health care researchers and policy makers. In addition to assisting community leaders in public policy decisions, AZHQ allows clinicians to study specific disease states and identify special-needs populations, as well as establish more effective and efficient models of care.
This unprecedented volume, quality and accessibility of data will revolutionize the way health care research is conducted in the community and will drastically improve the efficiency with which communities receive reliable, local information about their health.
Examples of Information from AZHQ:
- Simulating the effects of legislative proposals/changes in governmental regulations and reimbursement schemes that affect providers.
- Simulating the effects of private and public insurance coverage changes on the demand for care.
- Signaling changes in the potential patient population and predicting consequent changes in needs for and costs of care.
- Assisting health systems in the development of community health assessments.
- Assisting safety net providers in the development of needs assessments.
- Developing supply/demand models by merging data.
- Predicting the effects of changes in insurance coverage on health care and health care costs.
- Determining the effects of pollutants on community health.
- Assisting with the evaluation of quality improvement activities across health systems.
- Benchmarking/forecasting opportunities for data partners.