- Increase access to, and capacity of, community-based mental health services for persons with serious mental illnesses and other emotional disorders.
- Integrate mental and physical health services more fully through both formal and informal community-based pathways.
- Reduce the stigma of mental illness.
Current AHF Projects:
- Core Advocacy. SLHI provides annual support to key Arizona mental health advocacy organizations working on issues of community capacity, stigma and public education.
- Community Capacity. Dissemination of consumer information through publication of the Sourcebook for Families Coping with Mental Illness. Dissemination of mental health research information through the Institute for Mental Health Research. Support of The Family Involvement Center to facilitate family involvement in mental health policy, programs and service delivery.