Access to Care
- Increase the number of Arizonans with health insurance and access to affordable, high quality care.
- Improve access to oral health services for persons in need.
- Reduce health disparities by increasing timely access to health care services.
- Increase access to care for specific, high need populations, such as senior citizens.
Current AHF Projects:
- Arizona CAN – Coverage and Access Now. Development of insurance models and dissemination strategies to increase health insurance coverage. Working with advocacy and provider organizations to more effectively frame health access messages.
- Business Health Care Toolkit. A community partnership to develop a toolkit for small businesses to help make informed decisions about health care coverage for their employees.
- Open Wide (Part I, Part II, Part III). A series of reports on Arizona’s oral health delivery system. SLHI also recently completed a three-year demonstration project to increase access to dental care for low income persons. Current activities include community partnerships focused on fluoride varnish applications for young children and prophylactic dental treatment for pregnant women.
- Benefits Checkup. A partnership with other Arizona foundations and the Governor’s Office to launch an Arizona version of Benefits Checkup, an internet-based tool to assist seniors in identifying and accessing a variety of services for which they may be eligible.